University VR Experience Success Story
University of Kent
*PC: Click, hold and drag the screen to see all the angles.
*Phone: Move your phone or hold your finger on the screen and swipe. Make sure you turn on the highest quality!
University - YouTube & Direct Marketing -
University of Kent is one of the top UK universities, known for its architecture, law and business degrees. Based in the beautiful city of Canterbury, hosting thousands of international students every year.
UKC is an international university which recruits students globally. Admission staff travels to different countries at uni fairs promoting the studies and most importantly, the UK lifestyle. They believed there must be a better way to communicate to prospective students and families than leaflets and videos.
Deseo VR helped the university create 4 VR experiences, 1 about the general UKC life, 1 about the architecture degree, 1 about biosciences master's and the MBA . I advised them on which VR headsets to buy and trained their staff on how to use the headsets. Each VR experience featured actual students presenting their theoretical and practical lessons.
Whilst the viewer goes through the journey, they are also shown the fantastic campus and city.
1. Objectives of the VR experience agreed
2. Based on discussions with the university storyboards were created
3. Dates and logistics is agreed
4. Deseo VR´s content creator started filming on separate days during the year
5. 4 weeks of editing to produce the 1st drafts
6. University revised the draft
7. 2 weeks of editing to produce the final draft
8. University revised the draft
9. UKC VR experiences were born